From the Desk of Paul R. Rao PhD, President of the Scholarship Foundation
The Anthony “Tony” Verdecchia Memorial Scholarship Update:
Due to the generosity of many donors, The Anthony “Tony” Verdecchia Memorial Scholarship has increased to $3,500. This tribute scholarship will be offered during this coming academic year. These additional dollars bring our total Scholarship Foundation awards in 2022 to a record $36,500 for SEVEN awardees. This total is a significant milestone in our 22 year history. We thank all of our generous and proud donors! Mille Grazie!
Tasting Tour of Italy: Mission Accomplished
The Little Italy Lodge Scholarship Foundation’s Tasting Tour of Italy Spring Fun Fundraiser was held in St Leo’s School Hall on Sunday April 24th. In addition to celebrating the food and vino from four regions of Italy, we unveiled the St Leo’s 140th Anniversary Donor Banner and handed over a $500 check to Father Bernie to cap off the highly successful campaign.
A Few Factoids from the Fabulous Foundation Fun Fundraiser:
* Raised over $17,000 and netted over $11,000.
* 177 Guests and 23 Volunteers and Vendors
* Over a thousand dollars won on the 50/50 (and $250 donated right back).
* Over Ten Raffle Ticket winners of generous gifts from cookies and Frank Cipolloni oil paintings to $100 Gift Certificates to LaScala, Jo Benny’s, Chiapparelli’s, DePasquale’s, and many more local eateries and gifts.
* Seven Sponsors including Vince Piscopo and Perry Hall Insurance Brokers Inc., Tony Fusco and Fusco Financial Associates, Associated Italian American Charities, Rosalie Ranieri & The Pandola Learning Center, Suzanna Rosa Molino & The Promotion Center for Little Italy, Mr. & Mrs. Anthony J. Montcalmo & Family, and Paul and Martina Rao.
* The Amazing Steering Committee led by Tim Elliott and his Team of Five including Maureen Chandler, Nancy Barbieri Wolfe, Sue Corasaniti, Armand Esposito, and Paul Rao.
* Finally Mega Congratulations to Maureen Chandler on receiving The First Little Italy Lodge Scholarship Foundation Volunteer of The Year Award. Maureen has been an amazing leader of Taste of Italy for over 5 years and raised over a hundred thousand dollars for our scholars. Mille Grazie to her behind the scenes supporter, fan and day laborer on all of her efforts, Gary Chandler! The Foundation Board of Directors was unanimous in selecting this amazing awardee who represents the passion, professionalism and dedication that exemplifies the ❤️ of Little Italy.