From The Desk of Vince Piscopo, Chairman of the Board:
It is my pleasure to update the Little Italy Lodge on a few important changes and announcements regarding your Foundation. The Board of Directors met on Wednesday June 22 and made several significant appointments and decisions.
The Board of Directors has voted to:
- Rename the existing Foundation’s At Large Committee (ALC) to The Foundation Operations Team (FOT).
- Accept the Motion to increase the Anthony “Tony” Verdecchia Memorial Scholarship from $3500 to $5,000.
- Accept the Motion that with Dr Paul Rao’s Term as President of The Little Italy Foundation expiring, he be appointed to a three-year term on the Board, effective September 1, 2022.
- Accept the Motion that Dr. Carmella Walsh step down as a member of the At Large Committee and be appointed to a three-year term on the Board, effective September 1, 2022.
- Accept the Motion that Chris Pisano, member of the At Large Committee and Chair of the Scholarship Evaluation Sub-Committee, be appointed to a one-year renewable term as President of the now newly named Foundation Operations Team (FOT), succeeding Paul Rao in that role on September 1, 2022.
- Accept the resignation of Maureen Chandler from the Foundation. Maureen was recently recognized as the 2022 Foundation Volunteer of the Year. The Board expressed its most sincere appreciation for her many years of volunteer service including serving as a member of the ALC and Chair of the Taste of Italy fundraisers for the past 5 years,
On behalf of your Foundation Board of Directors, I ask that you congratulate Dr Rao, Dr Walsh, and Mr Pisano on their new volunteer Foundation roles effective September 1, 2022.